Update for the Week Ending December 2, 2016
Site Remediation Continues
- Continued the application of water for dust control;
- Continued the application of foam and BioSolve for Total Volatile Organic Compounds (TVOC), Particulate Matter (PM-10) [dust], and odor control;
- Maintained erosion and sediment (E&S) controls (Installed waddles - wood chip and straw filled fabric tubes - around the Site perimeter to prevent silt and sediment from leaving the Site and covered all stockpiles);
- Continued pumping from the decontamination pads, excavated areas, sumps and dewatering wells to the water treatment plant (WTP);
- Continued operation of the WTP and discharge to the sewer;
- Continued backfilling in the western shallow excavation area;
- Continued deep excavation within the support of excavation (SOE) wall in the temporary containment building (TCB); and
- Continued lining and loading trucks and shipping impacted soil to Bayshore Soil Management for treatment and disposal:
- 148 trucks; 2,608.36 tons shipped last week; and
- 42,277.14 tons shipped to date.
- Completed the load testing of the installed tiebacks for the SOE wall.
- Continue crushing and stockpiling reuse material on the eastern area of the Site to be used for backfill in the deep excavation.
Community Air Monitoring Plan Summary
Community air monitoring, initiated on Tuesday, December 1, 2015, continues as intrusive (ground disturbance) activities are conducted.
There were no fifteen-minute Action Limit exceedances for Particulate Matter (PM-10) [dust], Total Volatile Organic Compounds (TVOC), or odors during this reporting period.
If you have any questions or comments about the work on the Site, please use the Williamsburg MGP Telephone Hotline at (718) 403-3053.
Photos of Activity
Grading select fill backfill in the shallow excavation area.
Lined trucks waiting to be loaded inside the TCB.
Load testing tiebacks installed in the north SOE wall.
Excavating and stockpiling impacted soil in the TCB.
Excavating and applying Biosolve for VOC and odor control in the TCB.
Applying foam for VOC and odor control in the TCB.
Excavating and loading lined trucks in the TCB.
Applying foam and Biosolve for VOC and odor control in the TCB.