Update for the Week Ending December 18, 2015
Site Mobilization Begins
- Continued mobilization of equipment and supplies;
- Continued the application of water for dust control;
- Applied odor suppressant foam as needed for odor control; and
- Maintained erosion and sediment controls (Installed waddles, wood chip filled fabric tubes, around the Site perimeter to prevent silt and sediment from leaving the Site).
Recently completed activities:
- Conducted the Preconstruction Safety Kick-Off Meeting with all Site personnel, National Grid, NYC Parks, and NYSDEC;
- As part of mobilization activities:
- installed sound attenuating barrier around site perimeter,
- set up office trailers for site personnel
- installed temporary generator while preparing for long-term electric power service to site
- conducted photographic survey of preconstruction conditions of Site and surrounding sidewalks and roads;
- installed water treatment plant (WTP) containment pad and components
- Conduct small, shallow preclearance excavations for drilling and sampling to be conducted the week of January 4, 2016;
- Complete the assembly of the WTP;
- Assemble temporary containment building (TCB) and vapor management system; and
- Decommission former monitoring wells within the excavation area.
Community Air Monitoring Plan Summary
Community air monitoring, initiated on Tuesday, December 1, 2015, continues as intrusive (ground disturbance) activities are conducted.
There were no fifteen-minute action level exceedances of Total Volatile Organic Compounds (TVOCs) or odors associated with Site activities during this reporting period. There was one 15-minute exceedance for particulate matter (PM) on Thursday, December 18 from 8:45 a.m. until 9:01 a.m. due to dust created during the breaking of clean concrete to be used for recycling on Site.
If you have any questions or comments about the work on the Site, please use the Williamsburg MGP Telephone Hotline at (718) 403-3053.
Photos of Activity
Testing the odor suppressing foam unit
Impermeable liner installed beneath Water Treatment Plant pad
Compacting backfill placed for Water Treatment Plant pad
Security fence / sound attenuating barrier