Update for the Week Ending January 27, 2017
Site Remediation Continues
- Continued the application of water for dust control;
- Continued the application of foam and BioSolve for Total Volatile Organic Compounds (TVOC), Particulate Matter (PM-10) [dust], and odor control;
- Maintained erosion and sediment (E&S) controls (Installed waddles - wood chip and straw filled fabric tubes - around the Site perimeter to prevent silt and sediment from leaving the Site and covered all stockpiles);
- Continued pumping from the decontamination pads, excavated areas, sumps and dewatering wells to the water treatment plant (WTP);
- Continued operation of the WTP and discharge to the sewer;
- Continued the import of select fill;
- Continued backfilling in the deep excavation with stone, reuse soil, and select fill;
- Continued compaction of the backfill;
- Continued compaction testing of the backfill lifts; and
- Complete the deep excavation in the TCB;
- Cut all SOE wall sheet piles to five feet below final Site grade;
- Complete backfilling in the deep excavation;
- Disassemble and demobilize the TCB; and
- Complete excavation and backfilling in the western shallow excavation area.
Community Air Monitoring Plan Summary
Community air monitoring, initiated on Tuesday, December 1, 2015, continues as intrusive (ground disturbance) activities are conducted.
There were no 15-minute Action Limit exceedances for Total Volatile Organic Compounds (TVOC), Particulate Matter (PM-10) [dust], or odors.
If you have any questions or comments about the work on the Site, please use the Williamsburg MGP Telephone Hotline at (718) 403-3053.
Photos of Activity
Offloading imported select fill to the eastern area of the Site.
Pressure washing the select fill delivery truck tires prior to exiting the Site.
Transferring reuse soil from the western area stockpile into the TCB.
Grading reuse soil backfill in the southern portion of the deep excavation.
Grading select fill backfill over demarcation fabric in the northern portion of the deep excavation.
Transferring, grading, and compacting select fill in the deep excavation.
Grading, compacting and testing select fill backfill lifts in the deep excavation.
Changing the catch basin sediment filter fabric on Kent Avenue.