Update for the Week Ending April 22, 2016
Site Remediation Continues
- Continued the application of water and calcium chloride for dust control;
- Continued the application of odor-suppressant foam and BioSolve for odor and dust control;
- Maintained erosion and sediment (E&S) controls (Installed waddles - wood chip and straw filled fabric tubes - around the Site perimeter to prevent silt and sediment from leaving the Site and covered all stockpiles);
- Continued operation of the water treatment plant (WTP) and discharge to the sewer; and
- Continued investigatory pre-drilling for deep obstruction identification along the alignment of the support of excavation (SOE) wall.
Recently completed activities:
- Completed modification of the Temporary Containment Building (TCB) to remove a western (gable end) bay in preparation for excavating the eastern alignment of the cement/bentonite (CB) slurry trench and installation of the SOE wall.
- Continue the lining, loading, and shipment of trucks of impacted soil to Bayshore Soil Management for treatment and disposal; and
- Initiate the excavation of the CB slurry wall for installation of the SOE sheet piles.
Community Air Monitoring Plan Summary
Community air monitoring, initiated on Tuesday, December 1, 2015, continues as intrusive (ground disturbance) activities are conducted.
There were no fifteen-minute Action Limit exceedances for Particulate Matter (PM-10) [dust], Total Volatile Organic Compounds (TVOCs), or odors during this reporting period.
If you have any questions or comments about the work on the Site, please use the Williamsburg MGP Telephone Hotline at (718) 403-3053.
Photos of Activity
Investigatory pre-drilling for deep obstruction identification along the southern alignment of the SOE wall.
Mobilizing a fractionation (storage) tank to the Site grout plant for bentonite hydration and mixing for the CB grout.
Removing a western bay of the TCB for the installation of the eastern alignment of the CB slurry wall and SOE .
Reinstalling fabric over the western gable end of the TCB.
Pressure washing truck tires at the decontamination pad prior to exiting the Site onto North 11th Street.